Unless you have some indication of allowance from the U.S. Patent Office, it is extremely difficult to license a pending patent application. If you have an indication of allowable subject matter:
- Please click here for information about licensing.
- Please click here for information about alternatives to licensing (e.g., sale).
- Please click here for information about improving the value of your intellectual property through a continuation application.
Our law firm will not help you find a company to license your invention. However, if you know of a company already willing to market the invention in your patent application, we can help you (for hourly charges) in two ways:
- We have extensive experience in drafting patent licenses, and we can advise you on terms, review drafts, and negotiate the language of the license contract between you and the interested company.
- We can help you in connection with pursuing patent claims, to ensure that you maximize the coverage needed to protect a royalty stream. If you have a patent practitioner with whom you are satisfied, we can work with that person collaboratively.